Monday, February 27

The Film Fatales' Best & Worst Dressed: Oscars 2012

elizabeth: Some years the Best and Worst Dressed list is my favorite things about the Oscars, but I think everyone played it a little too safe Sunday night. Did they leave their imaginations in their trailers or did their agents abscond with it? This is starting to be the norm, so finding my fave is a tad harder than finding my most boring. Let the claws come out.

Nicole: It wasn’t the best of the best red carpet last night – but there were some really great highlights and some “WTF was she thinking?” moments.

Melissa McCarthy. Bridesmaids.

elizabeth: Now, I thought Melissa McCarthy was quite funny in a movie that otherwise was offensive at times, but now I have something else to hate – this gown. The color and style make her look like she shops in Plus Sized Girls Are Not Allowed To Be Sexy and she deserves better. The sleeves should be ripped off. That would be a good start.

Nicole: I agree, the more I look at this schmattah, the more I realize just how friggin’ ugly it is. While the cut isn’t so terrible, she really needs to take a page from Octavia Spencer’s book. Now that is how a curvy woman should dress.