Monday, September 16

WORLD WAR Z: NOW ON DEMAND & ON DVD

Not for the faint of heart: The Film Fatales are sleeping with night lights on.



NOW ON DEMAND A& ON DVD. 2013. PG-12. 116 minutes. Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, Daniella Kertesz, and a billion or so zombies. Directed by Marc Foster.
United Nations employee Gerry Lane traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments, and threatening to destroy humanity itself. (imdb)
 
elizabeth: I want to start off by saying that if you go to this movie (and you should) please bring a spare arm. If you are like me – a sensitive soul who loves puppies and rainbows, than a spare arm will come in handy. You will need something to squeeze and punch as this movie moves along. And the only person who yelled more than I did was a man with Tourette’s in the audience. I am not making this up.
Nicole: You're far, far braver than I am. The only zombie movie I can tolerate is Shaun of the Dead...because it's a comedy. Otherwise, the mere suggestion of a zombie revolution makes me want to run and hide. And, let it be known, should the real shit go down -- you don't want me on your team. I would only be a liability. I don't wanna live through any Armageddon-like situation. Just put me as close as possible to the epicenter and end it. OK, back to the movie.
elizabeth: Nicole –what is that standing behind you? It looks dead.
Nicole: I see how you’re playing this. Payback’s a bitch, cassidy.  
elizabeth: I don’t normally go to movies like this because I am sick and tired of violence and can’t tolerate blood and guts – especially if it comes in 3D. WTH? But, with Brad Pitt producing and starring in this movie, I reckoned that he would be placing some subtle political statements in it for us to discover. My hope is that people won’t leave the theatre and go on about how cool it was – all those zombies, man. This is a movie with a statement while being entertaining…if the person sitting next to you can get over you ripping off their arm hair – one by one.
Nicole: Maybe I should have gone. I am due for an arm wax.
elizabeth: World War Z kept my emotions on edge. There are scenes in this movie that might bring a tear to your eye. My frustration level went through the roof at times. This is not a typical zombie movie. In some ways, the zombies are just background noise. This is about human beings messing with the ecosystem and Mother Nature giving it right back at us. It is an assault on our apathy to what is happening to our planet...and the zombies just might win. And, I like Brad Pitt with long hair. 
Nicole: You're so shallow. Well, I'm too much of a wimp to see it -- so you'll have to tell me the ending in private. No spoilers for our brave readers who head out to see this one on the big screen. 
 
You've got your choice of DVD options for rental/purchase. Here's how you're set to experience WORLD WAR Z on the small screen:

World War Z
(Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)

World War Z
(Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)

World War Z
(DVD)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment